HR Policies & Employee Handbook
HR Policies allow organisations to get things on the right foot with new employees and also act as an useful communication tool between current employees and management. It also helps the organization in setting right expectations amongst its employees. We assist in creating robust HR policies and procedures consistent with the company’s goals and current trends in human resource management. Our employee handbooks are carefully designed to integrate HR best practices, reflect your business environment, and ensure that documented company policies and guidelines are aligned with employment laws. Done correctly, an employee handbook is a foundational component of your business.
- Understanding of organization set up and industry to create a customized and structured document covering benefits, rules and regulations for employees, processes, decision making authorities etc. in respect to employment conditions with each employee.
- The HR manual covers Code of Conduct, Recruitment & Selection, Employers Liability for Compensation, Employee Benefits, Business Entitlement & Reimbursement, Career Development and Growth; Employment Terms & Conditions.
- The standardised HR policy framework brings in clarity as well as eliminates subjectivity while providing benefits to employees.
- It reduces pressure on the Senior Management Team from taking decisions on minor day-to-day people related matters which do not add value to the business.
- Generates a feeling amongst employees that the organization is clear and transparent in its approach.
Below, are some of the important elements of an employee handbook / HR manual which include but not limited to:
1) Knowing the Company
2) Working with the Organization
- Company Introduction
- Company Structure
- Know your Company - Vision, Mission & Culture, timeline
3) Compensation and Benefits
- Joining Formalities
- Probation period
- Working Days and Office Timings
- Work from home policy / Remote Work Policy
- Dress Code and Appearance
- Grooming Essentials
- Visiting Cards
- Access & ID Cards
- Office Etiquettes: Office Stationery, Office Property
- Background verification
4) Business Entitlements/ Reimbursements:
- Compensation Policy – compensation structure
- Provident Fund
- Leave Policy for employees
- Compensatory Leave Policy
- Public Holidays
- Travel Reimbursement Policy
- Mobile Bill Reimbursement
5) IT and Social Media Policies
6) Code of Conduct/ Whistleblower Policy:
- Ethical Standards
- Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
- Consumption of Tobacco, Alcohol & Drugs Etc.
- External / Part Time / Dual Employment Policies
- Gifts & Gratification
- Dealing with Vendors
- No Discrimination/ Equality
- Gross Misconduct
7) Policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
8) Environmental Best Practice
9) Health and Safety policy
10) Separation Policy
- Notice period
- Voluntary separation (Resignation)
- Involuntary separation (Employee Termination Policy)
- Exit formalities
Together with target setting, this will provide an organization with the impetus it needs to have a significant and measurable impact in gaining and maintaining a competitive advantage.
To learn more, contact us on +91-9820918899
or e-mail email@example.com